Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thanks...

Today. I was on my way to work like usual. Leaving for work slightly earlier, I stopped by at Compass Point to take the train. Then I walked down the escalator, checking my items on the way. My wallet, phone keys and ear piece are with me as always. Reaching the platform, I imagined how it's going to be like in the new client's place. Working on my laptop all the way. Hmm? Laptop? What the CRAP?!

I took it home yesterday and thought that it was still at my working place. Idiot. How can I forget? It's going to take some time to retrieve it but I can't work without it. Damn! I can't be late today especially. Thinking that I'm screwed this time, I got out of the station is an instant, with my phone out. I can only think of one person. My mom.

I called her, hoping that she was at home, and yes! She is. Without saying much, she agreed to bring my bag over to me immediately. As I was waiting for her, I looked in the direction of my house, where mom would be. I was experiencing a mixture of feelings then. A mixture of......probably ashamed and grateful. Ashamed, because if it was me, I would have hesitated to dropped whatever I'm doing to deliver a bag. I would have complained over the phone. But I am thankful. Thankful to have such a mom who places me at the first place.

The breeze blew against me as I was immersed in deep thoughts. After a while, she appeared in my sight, riding a bicycle, carrying my heavy bag.

She handed my bag over to me, " 快吗? "

:) ......

I want to treat her better...

No comments:

Post a Comment